The Drink-A-Long is a live reading of a favorite movie script…and it’s a drinking game.
In this case, a group of local actors are getting together to do a reading of the super popular, 80’s classic, The Princess Bride.
Yes, like a sing-a-long, you are invited to shout our your favorite quotes (Anybody want a peanut?). But what makes this Drink-A-Long special is that there will be keywords and phrases the attendees need to listen for. When one is said, everyone drinks — even the actors. That’s right, the actors play along too (and have the added rule of drinking when they hear their character name) which should make for an experience with The Princess Bride unlike any other.
So who is bringing one of our favorite, most nostalgia inducing, movies to life. Check out this cast list:
- Wesley: Benjy Schirm (Ren in Aurora Fox’s Footloose)
- Buttercup: Nicole Schrader (Afterthought’s production of The Vagina Monologues)
- Humperdink: Cameron Clark Stevens ( Mary Sunshine in Town Hall’s Chicago)
- Inigo Montoya: Matt LaFontaine (currently starring as Pippin in Ignite’s Pippin)
- Grandpa/Miracle Max/Impressive Clergyman: David Cates (The Pride at Paragon Theatre Ensemble)
- Fezzik/Albino/Asst. Brute: James Miller (3 Little Pigs at Backstage Theater in Breckenridge)
- Mom/Queen/Ancient Booer/Valerie: Kateri McRae (…Spelling Bee at Town Hall Arts Center)
- Grandson/Yellin/King: Noah Lee Jordan (Hairspray at the Arvada Center)
- Vizzini/Count Rugen: Markus Warren (Sunset Blvd. at the Arvada Center)
Date: August 18th, 2011
Time: 10pm – close
Where: Club M
700 East 17th Avenue
Denver, CO 80203
Price: TOTALLY FREE – just buy your own drinks at the bar.
Age Restrictions: All are invited, but I.D.s will be checked. No one under 21 will be served alcohol.
Drinking Options: Full bar, so pick your poison. For those not drinking, there is a full array of non-alcoholic beverages as well.
FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ORDER FOR A LIMITED TIME.
FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE POSTER BELOW!