The Tony Awards, the biggest night for Broadway theatre, is back for its 66th annual ceremony this Sunday with its favorite host – Neil Patrick Harris. This year, the American Theatre Wing has announced a line up of performances bigger than ever before and includes not only performances by nominated musicals, but plays as well. The Tony Awards website lists this year’s musical performances as including:
- Evita featuring Ricky Martin and Elena Roger
- Follies featuring Tony nominated actor Danny Burstein
- The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess featuring Tony nominees Audra McDonald, Norm Lewis and David Alan Grier
- Jesus Christ Superstar featuring Tony nominee Josh Young
- Leap of Faith featuring Raúl Esparza
- Nice Work If You Can Get It featuring Matthew Broderick and Tony nominee Kelli O’Hara
- Once featuring Tony nominees Steve Kazee, Cristin Milioti andElizabeth A. Davis.
The evening will also include performances by Tony nominated Plays, such as:
- End of the Rainbow with Tony nominated actress Tracie Bennett
- One Man, Two Guvnors with Tony nominated actor James Corden
- Peter and the Starcatcher featuring Tony nominees Christian Borle and Celia Keenan-Bolger.
The show will also feature a performance with Corbin Bleu and the cast of Godspell and Ghost The Musical featuring Bryce Pinkham, Caissie Levy and Richard Fleeshman.