By John Cariani
Directed by Vonalda Utterback
Sunday, Dec. 16th and Monday, Dec. 17th
Theater Company of Lafayette
Mary Miller Theater, 303 E. Simpson St., Lafayette, Co. 80026
On a cold, clear, moonless night in the middle of winter, all is not quite what it seems to be in the remote, mythical town of town of Almost, Maine.
“Thornton Wilder crossed with ‘The Twilight Zone.’ …it’s hard not to believe that the wintry air of northern Maine isn’t the cure for heartache.” The New York Post
· No appointment needed. The theater will be open by 6:30 p.m.; auditions begin at 7 p.m. Please come early on the night you choose (Dec. 16 or 17) to fill out an audition form and turn in a resume and head shot (if you have one). Call-backs, if needed, will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 18.
· These will be group auditions with readings from the script.
· Production: Fridays/Saturdays, March 1 to March 23, one Sunday matinee on March 17 and a Thursday industry night March 7.
· Rehearsals: weekday evenings, Jan. – Feb. Specific days TBD. Please note: The entire cast must be available for tech week, Feb. 24-28.
· Cold readings from the script.
· It is recommended that you know the play when you come to auditions. To request sides in advance, please email the director, Vonalda Utterback: askvonalda at gmail.com.
· Be prepared to list all conflicts from Jan. 3 on. Availability and chemistry (these are love stories, after all!) will play a major role in casting decisions.
· Almost, Maine consists of nine vignettes about love, with a total of 19 characters (age range approximately 25-50). This is a delightful show for six-to- eight strong actors! Everyone cast will play multiple roles.
· Non-equity/No compensation.