WHO:All Ages / Many boys needed, adults, teens, and kids
Saturday September 22, 9-11am
Open audition. No appointments. Come any time between 9am-11am.
First come first serve. Call-backs at noon, if needed, by appointment only.
WHERE:Director’s Home, 13573 Garfield Way, Thornton CO 80241
Prepare a short selection of a classic Broadway musical. Actors will sing a capella; no CD’s or sheet music. Do not prepare any hand motions or choreography, please.
February 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23
The Armory at Brighton Cultural Center, 300 Strong Street Brighton 80601
Some Saturdays, in Brighton
Some Thursdays, at: 13573 Garfield Way, Thornton 80241.
February 4-7, mandatory, at:The Armory at Brighton Cultural Center
300 Strong Street Brighton 80601
There is a $40 cast fee for performers under 18 (Due only if cast) (Siblings $25)
· Oliver Twist, the protagonist of the story. He is a lonely orphan boy born in the workhouse.
· Fagin, a conniving career criminal, takes in homeless boys and teaches them to pick pockets for him.
· Nancy, Bill Sikes’s lover. She takes a liking to Oliver and treats him like her own child, but is eventually murdered for the steps she takes in behalf of him.
· Mr. Brownlow, Oliver’s grandfather, a kind man of wealth and breeding.
· Bill Sikes, Nancy’s brutal and abusive lover, a burglar and her eventual murderer.
· Mr. Bumble, the pompous beadle of the workhouse in which Oliver was born.
· The Artful Dodger, the cleverest of Fagin’s pickpockets, he introduces Fagin to Oliver.
· Mr. and Mrs. Sowerberry, the insensitive couple who take in Oliver and use him in their funeral business.
· Mrs. Corney, the matron of the workhouse where Oliver was born, later marries Mr. Bumble.
· Charlotte Sowerberry, the rude but also flirtatious daughter of the Sowerberrys.
· Noah Claypole, The Sowerberrys’ apprentice, he bullies Oliver about his mother and enjoys a flirtatious relationship with Charlotte.
· Dr. Grimwig, foppish doctor and friend of Mr. Brownlow. He assesses Oliver’s condition at the beginning of Act II, deeming him fit to go outside.
· Bet, Nancy’s friend [or younger sister, in some productions], one of Fagin’s former pickpockets.
· Charley Bates, one of Fagin’s pickpockets. He is Dodger’s sidekick.
· Mrs. Bedwin, house-servant to Mr. Brownlow and caretaker of Oliver.
AND A LARGE ENSEMBLE OF BOYS, CHILDREN, and ADULTS